- Log into the Speaker Management System using the link and password included in the speaker invitation email sent from email@example.com.
- Once logged into the System, you will find a set of speaker tasks. Due dates are listed beside each task. Please adhere to all deadlines. Speakers may be removed from a session if tasks are not completed in a timely manner:
- Speaker Invitation- accept or reject the invitation to speak
- Sign the speaker agreement
- Confirm or update your profile information (this information will be used on the conference website)
- Add or update your biography
- Load or update your photo
- Agree to the copyright permissions task (you may not use copyrighted materials without written consent from the original author).
- Review and update session title (one speaker per session will be assigned this task)
- Review, update or add session description (one speaker per session will be assigned this task)
- Upload your PowerPoint (you will notice the due date is one-month in advance of the conference. This allows time for ICMA subject matter experts to review the presentation and suggest edits to you).
- If using PowerPoint, the conference branded PowerPoint template must be used. See below for PowerPoint templates for each of the four conferences.
- Adhere to the deadlines set by ICMA and respond to inquiries regarding your session in a timely manner.
- Speakers should show up early and prepared for the session. Check in with Felicia Littky, ICMA Manager of Conference Education Programming, upon arrival.
- The conferences are planned as in-person events. Speakers will not be allowed to participate via zoom or other digital options
- Plan your session and stick to the content provided in the session description so that your messaging matches attendee expectations.
- Practice your session to ensure the flow is smooth and that you fill the allotted time (remember to leave time for Q&A or better yet, ask for questions throughout your presentation!)
- For a 60-minute session, it is recommended to limit the number of slides in your PowerPoint presentation to no more than 20.
- Get people excited about your session before it begins! Post to your social media accounts using #lgreimagined.
- No commercials! Your name, title and organization will be listed in the conference materials. Your best commercial is to deliver a relevant, timely session. Anything more explicit may be resented by ICMA members, who are sensitive to self-promotion.
- We will have international participants at the conference. When possible please make references to universal practices.
Power Point Templates:
- Registration is open. Speakers should register for the conference and pay the applicable fee, unless otherwise communicated to you.
- ICMA has secured a discounted rate on hotel rooms for each of the conferences. It is your responsibility to book your room. Hotel information may be found on each conference’s webpage:
Health and Safety:
- ICMA will continue to monitor health and safety guidelines for conference attendees and will share safety measures, if necessary, at a later date. For further information please visit our Health & Safety